We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy summarises how we use, share and store the data we collect from you when visiting our site. By using our site you are agreeing to the policies described below.
Information you share with us
When you email us, we will use your name and email address for the purpose of responding to your query, but we will not share your email address or any personal details that you have supplied with any third parties without your consent.
Information we collect from you
We collect both behavioural data (information about how you use our site); and technical data (information about the device you use to access our site). We use the Google Analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”) to collect this data.
Examples of behavioural data we collect:
- Terms entered via our search facility
- Pages visited
- Length of time spent on each page
- The referring site from which you visited
Examples of technical data we collect:
- Your web browser type and version
- Your device type and operating system
We do not collect any data that makes you personally identifiable. The information obtained via Google Analytics is anonymised and cannot be attributed to any one individual. Google Analytics is set to retain data for a duration of 38 months.
Google provides a method to opt out of their Google Analytics service completely. Opting out will prevent Google Analytics from collecting your data from any site that uses their service.
Why we collect this information
This information provides us with a better understanding of how our site is being used. This understanding informs any improvements we undertake and ensures that the site and its content continue to best serve the needs of our visitors.
How we keep data safe
Although any information sent via the internet is never guaranteed to be secure, we adhere to the following practices to help keep the data that we process safe:
- We encrypt and protect the transmission of information using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- We host our site and its contents with Amazon Web Services (AWS) on a secure server within the European Economic Area (EEA).
- We limit server access by Internet Protocol (IP) address to only those that require it.
- Our server firewall permits only standard inbound internet traffic.
- We control and regulate access to our email accounts.
- We enforce strong passwords and 2 factor authentication (2FA) wherever possible.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act (1998) the Data Controller is Harris Design Studio Ltd (t/a Trafiq), 7 Marlborough Place, Brighton, BN1 1UB
For more information about our privacy policies or if you have any questions, we welcome your comments. Please contact us at hello [at] trafiq.co.uk, by telephone 01273 256 106 or by mail:
Harris Design Studio Ltd (t/a Trafiq),
7 Marlborough Place,
Last updated: 25 May 2018